Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kitty Love

We've been promising the kids for some time now that we could get a kitten. Our last two attempts at having a dog just didn't work out for us. Last weekend we went to the humane society and came back with 3 kitties! We adopted two 10 week old kittens and their mommy. They are all very sweet and are almost getting used to all the ruckus that goes on at our house. They have figured out that when the four kids are all at home they need to hide under the bed. So we welcome Mama Rose, Sweet Sweet Petunia, and Crazy Daisy to the family. In the above pic, Alaina is holding Petunia while Emily cuddles Daisy. Below you will see Alaina tutoring Petunia. The first couple of days she wanted to be holding a kitty no matter what she was doing! I haven't had a kitty since I was in college so its been fun for me as well. It does add a few more chores to my day because I don't let them climb on the furniture and so I am trying to train them to respect that little rule. So my days right now consist of cleaning up after kids and kitties and getting after kids and kitties. Its good for me, but it makes me tired. I think I'll turn in for the night since all the kids and kitties are sleeping!

1 comment:

J.J.A.G. Hanson said...

That is soooooo cool! That is such a cute picture of Alaina writing her Dad a birthday card and signing her name and Petunia's name too!
Too cute!
-JAG Hanson