Sunday, April 22, 2007

Broke down and busted

Well, Ryan's old dump truck broke down this last week. The motor is kaput. It now rests quietly under a blue tarp, its insides all torn out. Ryan is looking around and trying to decide if he should rebuild the engine or find another truck. Although I'm not excited that the old truck broke down I am very pleased with the fact that Ryan has been working on the backyard and moving more dirt since he can't haul any more rock. Keith (friend from church) came over and moved a whole bunch of dirt out of the backyard while a group of guys stared at the dead motor for a couple of hours. He likes to work on the excavator - he calls it his therapy. Ryan gave me a lesson on the excavator as well so I have been practicing my scooping and dumping. The girls are looking forward to the backyard being completed because that is where their trampoline will go. We haven't had it set up since we left our Lynnwood house. I can't wait either because the guest bed has become their replacement trampoline.
Make sure and check out the church blog. We actually got some photos on there!

No comments: