We had a quiet day, relaxing and enjoying our time as a family. Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Did you know MLK's given name was Michael and he changed it to Martin? Did you further know that this fine man graduated from high school and started college at 15? Just a little trivia for you all. I'll leave you with a quote from Martin Luther King's acceptance speech, when awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, December 10, 1964.
"I believe that what self-centered men have torn down men other-centered can build up. I still believe that one day mankind will bow before the altars of God and be crowned triumphant over war and bloodshed, and nonviolent redemptive good will proclaim the rule of the land. "And the lion and the lamb shall lie down together and every man shall sit under his own vine and fig tree and none shall be afraid." I still believe that We Shall overcome! This faith can give us courage to face the uncertainties of the future. It will give our tired feet new strength as we continue our forward stride toward the city of freedom. "
1 comment:
Amen!!!!
Post a Comment