Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cleaning and Cooking


It's cleaning day! Rylan loves to clean! As soon as I get my "Shark" carpet sweeper out he is very insistent that he be the one to use it. He pushes it all over the room until the battery runs out and I have to plug it in again. He also loves the mini Dirt Devil that Ms. Jayne got the girls years ago. Maybe he will be my neat freak. Somehow I have a feeling that as he gets older he won't be as interested in vacuums or any kind of cleaning for that matter. This picture shows what covers my counter when it is time to cook. Not every meal do I experience this kind of invasion - usually just when they are starving or I am cooking something they are really looking forward to such as brownies, cake, cookies or anything with sugar in it. Its always a challenge to work around legs hanging over drawers and cabinets I need to open or listening to claims of who gets to lick the beater or bowl or spatula. Sometimes I get a little exasperated with them, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. Happy cooking and cleaning to all of you!

1 comment:

J.J.A.G. Hanson said...

Rylan is such a big helper! It looks like he is already taking after his Dad. I'm sure he will soon be begging you to let him drive around the earthmover.
Those are great pictures of all your kitchen "help". Four stars on the Alaina eye roll!
-JAG Hanson